Western Window Systems may collect several types of information from and about users of the Sites, which may include information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”). This may include information you provide us and information that is collected through automatic data collection technologies.
- Information you Provide
Information you provide to Western Window Systems may include, but is not limited to correspondence, search queries, and information you post on or provide via the Sites or provide via means other than the Sites, including social media sites, email, or other online and offline communications. This may also include information that can personally identify you, such as your name, email address, telephone number, or address and other Personal Information.
- Automatically Gathered Information
As a user navigates through and interacts with the Sites, Western Window Systems may use automatic data collection technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or use the Sites. The technologies used for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies – Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the section titled “Your Information Choices” below.
Depending on how you have interacted with us, we may have collected certain information within the following categories of Personal Information from you in the last twelve months. The categories below are those identified in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Please note that we may have not collected every type of Personal Information identified in the examples below, and the types of Personal Information we have collected depends on how you have interacted with us.
This category may include: name, postal address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
This category may include: name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education or employment information, financial account numbers, medical information, or health insurance information.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
This category may include: age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex and gender information, veteran or military status, or genetic information.
This category may include: records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
This category may include: imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a face print, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted.
Internet or other electronic network activity information.
This category may include: browsing history, search history, and information regarding interactions with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
This category may include: physical location or movements.
This category may include: audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Professional or employment-related information.
This category may include: current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Non-public education information
This category may include: education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf (e.g., grades, schedules, student ID numbers).
Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.
This category may include: inferences drawn from the above information that may reflect your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, or attitudes.
DATA USE AND DISCLOSURE
- Process product orders;
- Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected or provided;
- Fulfill the terms of Western Window Systems’ limited express warranties or product recall conducted in accordance with law;
- Improve the Sites and our products and services;
- Respond to your requests for information;
- Provide you with information regarding Western Window Systems, new products, new product offerings, policy updates, or other promotional offers (you may opt-out of receiving such future information by following the procedures described in the Opt-Out Options section below);
- Respond to lawful information requests and subpoenas or otherwise to abide by law;
- Facilitate business transactions, such as acquisitions, transfers or sales;
- Enforce compliance with our Sites’ terms or other agreements between you and Western Window Systems; or
- Otherwise comply with the law.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES
The following Opt-Out options are available to you to control or limit the use of information you provide:
- Limit target advertising – You may also reduce some targeted advertising by following the opt-out procedures available on the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) website at www.networkadvertising.org or if you are a California resident, pursuant to California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information and that your Personal Information not be shared with other companies for marketing purposes by contacting us [email protected] or [email protected].
- Prevent receiving future promotional offers from Western Window Systems - Western Window Systems endeavors to ensure that only those Users who wish to receive communications from Western Window Systems do so. In furtherance of this goal, we send confirmation emails which allow users to “opt-in” to receiving information. If at any time, you do not wish to receive future promotional offers from Western Window Systems, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may also unsubscribe from such communications by following the procedures described in the email.
Western Window Systems does not discriminate in terms of price, service, or level or quality of goods, when a user exercises any of the above privacy rights or options.
- Data Retention
- Children and Privacy
Western Window Systems’ Sites are not intended for children and we encourage parents and guardians to be aware of and monitor the websites visited by their children. Western Window Systems does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 18 years of age. If Western Window Systems learns that a child under the age of 18 has submitted Personal Information to our Sites without guardian or parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to remove or delete such information as soon as practicable and not use such information for any purpose, except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others or as required or allowed by law. If you believe a child under age 18 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected].
- International Use of the Sites
- Security of Data Collected
We have instituted reasonable safeguards to promote the security of information collected on our Sites. Nevertheless, the Sites are not secure websites and Western Window Systems cannot and does not make any representations or warranties about the privacy or security of any information transmitted over the Internet or maintained in our systems. You agree that any data you provide through the Sites is provided at your own risk and Western Window Systems is not responsible or liable to you for any lack of privacy or security you may experience. You are fully responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and intended use of the Sites.
- Other Websites
Western Window Systems may provide links to third-party websites that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the security or information collection practices of any website that we do not own or control. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of third-party websites before using or accessing such Sites or providing any information to or through them.
- Limitation on Liability
WESTERN WINDOW SYSTEMS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONTINGENT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OR DISCLOSURE OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED, SUBMITTED OR OTHERWISE COLLECTED AS A RESULT OF THE USER’S ACCESS OR USE OF WESTERN WINDOW SYSTEMS’ SITES, WHETHER CAUSED BY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY, COMPUTER VIRUS, UNLAWFUL THIRD-PARTY ACTIVITY SUCH AS A DATA BREACH OR HACKING, OR OTHERWISE AND WHETHER THE ACTION IS BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This section applies solely to eligible residents of California, and any terms not defined in this section have the same meanings as defined in the CCPA.
If you are an eligible California resident, the CCPA provides you with specific rights with respect to our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months.
- Right to Know
Upon submission of a verifiable consumer request for the Personal Information that Western Window Systems has collected about you, subject to certain exceptions under applicable law, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which Personal Information was collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information;
- The business or commercial purpose for disclosing your Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we disclosed the category of personal information for a business purpose; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to Request Deletion
If you are an eligible California resident, you also have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collect or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request to delete your Personal Information, we will conduct a reasonable search of our records in order to locate any Personal Information we have collected about you that is eligible for deletion, and delete such Personal Information. To the extent we have shared any Personal Information collected about you with other third parties that is eligible for deletion, we will direct those third parties to delete that Personal Information as well. Western Window Systems may not be able to comply entirely with your request to delete all of your Personal Information as set forth under the CCPA. Specifically, we are not required to delete any Personal Information we have collected about you that is necessary for us to:
- Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between Western Window Systems and you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation, such as retaining records for a period of time as set out in local, state, or federal laws;
- Otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided your information.
Following a deletion request, any Personal Information about you that was not deleted from our systems due to the above exceptions will only be used for the purposes provided for by the applicable exceptions.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising your Privacy Rights
Western Window Systems will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights. In particular, we will not: (i) deny you goods or services; (ii) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; (iii) provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or (iv) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Exercising your California Privacy Rights
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your CCPA rights. To exercise the CCPA rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Contacting us by email [email protected] or [email protected];
- Postal mail to Western Window Systems 2200 E. Riverview Drive, Phoenix, Arizona 85034, Attention: Website Administrator and Company Attorney
Only you, the person to whom you have given power of attorney, or an otherwise authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. However, you may make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. Additionally, you may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period.
Your verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. While we may ask for Personal Information to verify the requestor or consumer’s identity when making a request, we will only use that Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity and authority to make the request.
- Response Timing and Format
We will make our best effort to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 calendar days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 calendar days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Within 10 business days of receiving the request, we will confirm receipt and provide information about our verification and processing of the request. Western Window Systems will maintain records of consumer requests made pursuant to CCPA as well as our response to said requests for a period of at least 24 months.
If you have an account with us, we may require you to take delivery of our written response through that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response electronically, though you may alternatively choose to receive delivery by mail. The response will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. Requests for the specific pieces of information that we have collected about you will be sent in a portable, readily useable format that you may transmit to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Western Window Systems
2200 E. Riverview Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85034